You can never have too much gear…just ask my back! Here’s a list of what I use day to day to take, process and store my photo’s.
Since 2015 I’ve been all in with Fuji. The camera and lens I use are:
- Fujifilm X-T2 – Picked this up as soon it was announced and haven’t been disappointed. Love the size compared to a DSLR but it’s the image quality coupled with the controls that really make Fuji camera’s stand out. The battery life can be tough so make sure you have spares but really the only thing really missing is a touchscreen.
- Fujifilm XF 16 mm F 1.4 R WR Lens – My workhorse lens. Great for landscapes but also as a good all rounder – fast and sharp make it hard to beat. This was the first Fuji lens I bought and it would be the first one I’d buy again if for some reason I had to start over.
- Fujifilm XF35 mm F2 R WR Lens – Small and sharp – a good option for street photography.
- Fujifilm XF56MMF1.2 R f1.2 Lens – This was total indulgence. My friend picked this up and the bokeh was so good I had to have it. Love it but probably my least used lens.
- Fuji XF-18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 WR OIS Lens – I’ve always missed having a lens with some reach as I was spoiled by having a little 12x zoom pocket Panasonic. This was a good initial compromise but the prime’s have pretty much replaced this.
- Fujifilm XF100-400mm F4.5 – 5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens – An absolute beast of a lens. It’s heavy but the image quality is superb. I had some comments about why I bought this but it’s been such a great lens to have in the bag and when I’m out and about I’m constantly surprised at when I can make use of it.